Our aims are that all children can
The Computing Curriculum at Redhill Primary school offers opportunities for our children to:
- Develop their understanding of the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science.
- Develop their skills in using hardware and software to manipulate information in their process of problem solving, recording and expressive work;
- Develop a high quality computing education which equips them to understand and change the world through logical thinking and creativity.
- Develop their understanding of how digital systems work and to become digitally literate individuals.
- Explore their attitudes towards ICT, its value for themselves, others and society, and their awareness of its advantages and limitations
As the children move through school they will develop their computing skills through three areas; Digital literacy, Computer Science and IT. They will use a selection of technology, like the green screen, I pads, desktops, laptops and controllable toys. Here are some examples of work from across the three areas.