- Billy Wright was born on 6th February 1924 and died on the 3rd September 1994 aged 70
- This fantastic footballer was born in Ironbridge
- He made history when he was the first footballer ever to have 100 caps
- Billy Wright signed a professional contract when he was only 17 years’ old
- He had his debut when he was only 14 years’ old
- This wonder of the world stayed at Wolves his whole life
- Mary Webb was born 25th of march 1881 and died on the 8th of October 1997.
- She was born in Lethington lodge Shrewsbury near the Wrekin.
- Her father, George Edward Meredith was an oxford M.A and teacher. He became a great influence in her life.
- She shared his love of literature and of the countryside.
- The Celtic influence of her parentage was strong. Her father was proud of her welsh decent. Her mother, Sarah Alice Scott was from an Edinburgh family Reputedly connected
- Charles Darwin was born in the mount, Shrewsbury and was an English naturalist, geologist and biologist.
- He was best known for the science of evolution.
- Charles lived in 3 places: Downe Kent, London and Shrewsbury. Sadly, he died by Congestive heart failure. Also he worked as a writer.
- He published his theory of evolution with evidence in 1859 the book was on the origin of species.
- William Brookes was known for the founder of the Wenlock games.
- The Olympian class was set up in 1850.
- The first ever Wenlock Olympian games was in 1850.