All Telford and Wrekin (LA) maintained schools have a similar approach to meeting the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and are supported by the LA to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school.
- All schools are supported to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible.
- The four broad ‘areas of need’ are
- Communication and Interaction, this includes children with speech and language delay, impairments or disorders, specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia and dyspraxia, hearing impairment, and
- those who demonstrate features within the autistic spectrum.
- Cognition and Learning, this includes children who demonstrate features of moderate, severe or profound learning difficulties or specific learning difficulties or specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia or dyspraxia.
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties, this includes children who may be withdrawn or isolated, disruptive or disturbing, hyperactive or lack concentration.
- Sensory and Physical Needs.- this includes children who are hearing or sight impaired or those with a physical disability
- Click to download and view the Redhill SEND Policy - SEND Policy
- Click to download and view the Redhill SEND information report 2016 SEND.pdf